Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Rocks Mini Books

Trying to find new activities and things to do with my units is something that I am constantly striving to do.  This is my 6th year teaching third grade and I LOVE IT!  I would not change grade levels unless I was asked to do so! I love the age, I love the curriculum, I just LOVE it all! 

Before I started teaching, one of my college professors made a statement that stuck with me.  She said, "As a teacher, you have to decide if you're going to teach 30 years, or if you're going to teach 1 year 30 times." I knew that I wanted to teach 30 years, meaning every year, I needed to keep striving to mix things up and to better my practices.

Science has been one of the most difficult areas for me to do this in.  One things my kiddos love is completing mini books!  I love these things!  It allows the kids to read, highlight, and look back for answers.  It also gets them out of the traditional textbooks. 

With this being something I'm hoping to add to my units, this has become my new project...to create mini books for my science curriculum, and I completed my very first one tonight!

 
 

To view more of my new mini and/or purchase it, Click Here! :)
 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment